Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a Technical Director, you will have a deep involvement in designing and developing innovative tools to overcome specific challenges related to the department’s developments for our next animated feature film. This effort seeks to implement solutions that off-the-shelf software would not provide while maximizing productivity and meeting the high quality standard set by the company. The scope of the developments may be from a simple python script to a larger development involving complex algorithms.
· Develop and maintain the required tools following the requirements supplied by the production departments and following the Production Engineering Team guides.
· Partner with Artists and other Engineers to iterate, debug, document and refine tools and processes for feature film production.
· Work on short term needs originated by shot challenges.
· Help first support line to solve day-to-day artist problems
o 0-2 years of professional experience (in VFX or animation industries will be a plus)
· Artistic and or Technical qualifications:
o BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study
o Scripting skills with expertise in Python and PyQt.
o Solid engineering skills with an appreciation of code craft, code health, and addressing technical debt.
o Ability to work with a team to deliver high-quality software in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented.
· Knowledge of platforms such as Maya, Houdini, Mari or Nuke.
· Experience creating and maintaining automated tests to catch key issues as early as possible.
· Production experience and/or working with visual artists.
· Experience working with a source version control system (git).
• Predisposition to respond positively to the duties assigned and deadlines
• Attitude of collaboration with others, inside and outside their team
• Able to effectively express, transmit and present ideas
• Deliver on time and in full basic results complying with the duties demanded
• Highly self-motivated
• Quickly assimilates basic information
• Strong work ethic
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.